Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Happy Birthday, Marc Chagall!


Like most artists, I like to experiment across various media. For today, that means I'm eyeing a block of porcelain and considering if I finally want to start on that tile top table. My creative meanderings have taken me down many paths--metal, ceramics, oils, enamels, pen and ink, colored pencils, in other words--I'll play with just about any materials placed in front of me. Occasionally I even strum the guitar (when I'm sure no one is around to torture except Maizie, whose howling accompaniment couldn't possibly be interfering with anything melodious).


I especially like to dabble in 2-D art as a diversion from the constant jewelry-making. This is a painting of me mum (hey, Mum looks good in green!) I worked on during my, um, Fauvist period. I've decided to finally leave it alone. I think it's finished...well, for now.
Back to the porcelain...time to get squishy!

No comments:

Post a Comment